Tri Color Spaghetti Recipe / How To Make Tri Color Pasta Casserole / Cheesy Spaghetti Casserole / Baked Spaghetti Recipe / Baked Spaghetti Casserole Recipe / Spaghetti Casserole with Tomato, Onion and Cheese / Million Dollar Baked Spaghetti Casserole / Spaghetti Bake.
Hi all, India will be celebrating its 70th Republic Day on this Saturday, 26th January 2019. The day is celebrated to commemorate the date when the Constitution of India, which was adopted by the Indian Constituent Assembly on November 26 in 1949, which finally came into effect on January 26, 1950.
This day reminds us of the great makers of our constitution who strengthened the idea of a unified Indian republic.
Today I am posting a Tri Colour Pasta to celebrate the day. I know that these are not those three colours on the flag, the tri colour meant for an Indian.
I love making easy yet tasty pasta dishes like this one, on weekdays. Here I have used the tri colour pasta that I bought from Europe on our last visit. If you have yet to unleash this culinary treat to your family, then do it right away. I am sure kids and adults as well go absolutely crazy for it.
Ingredients for Tri Color Pasta:
Tri colour Pasta – 500 grams
Onion chopped – 2 medium
Galrlic, crushed – 4 medium
Tinned sweet Corn – 1 cup
Cheddar Cheese Grated – 1 cup
Cottage Cheese grated – 1 cup (optional)
Tomato, blanched – 1 cup
Black Pepper Powder – 1 ½ tsp.
Vegetable Stock, cubed – 1 or 2
Salted Butter – 3 cubes
Oregano – 1 tsp. (or mixed herbs)
Olive Oil – as required
Salt – to taste.
How to Make Spaghetti Casserole:
Take a large pot and load up with lots of water. Salt the water. Bring the water to a full, rolling boil (for taking the photo even before the water boiled, I put the pasta in the water, after the click, I removed the pasta and waited until the water boiled completely.. ?) Keep stirring. Drain it in a colander and keep it aside.
In another pan, add 1 tbsp. Olive oil and butter. When it is hot, add the chopped onion and sauté for a minute. Then add the crushed garlic and sauté. Next add the sweet corn and mix. Add the blanched and pureed tomato and 1 ½ tsp. salt at this stage. Mix well and let it cook for a couple of minutes. Mix and check the salt and add if required. Add the Black Pepper Powder too and mix well. Next pour in the Vegetable Stock you prepared. Next comes the turn of cheese… Add the grated Cheddar Cheese and the grated Cottage Cheese. Mix well and let it come to a slight boil. Switch off the flame.
Take a wide oven proof dish pan and transfer half of the cooked tri coloured pasta/spaghetti to this pan. Spread it evenly. Next add half of the cooked onion, tomato and cheese mixture. Spread it evenly. Again spread the remaining cooked pasta and then the onion, tomato and cheese mixture and spread it evenly.
Bake at 350 F / 170 degree Celsius for about 12 to 15 minutes.
My Recipe Notes on Tri-colour Pasta:
1. Use any pasta of your choice.
2. Check the pasta packaging for the cooking period. Cooking time of pasta vary according to the shape, amount and type of pasta (gluten-free, whole-wheat etc.). Once the pasta is cooked, it will rise to the surface and float when ready. Overcooked pasta will break down and become crabby mush.
3. Adding oil to the pasta while boiling it could leave your pasta too slick.
4. Don’t do a cold-water rinse on your pasta once cooking is done. That washes away all the starches that bind it to the sauce and the delicious salty flavour.
5. I have used Italian tinned and blanched tomato. You can even use fresh tomatoes. If you are using fresh tomatoes, 2 or 3 medium sized tomatoes would be fine.
6. If you like to add more veggies in this add the veggies of your choice. I just have used tomatoes and onions. But it’s completely optional.
7. Garlic is the queen of this dish. Be careful to sauté it on sim only till it gets golden colour, otherwise you will get the raw flavour for the dish. If you do it on high flame, it will become dark brown and bitter.
8. You can substitute dried herbs with fresh herbs.
9. Adding Cottage cheese is completely optional. You can add Cheddar cheese alone. Increase or decrease the amount of cheese as per your requirement. But adding 1 ½ to 2 cups of grated cheese would definitely make the dish delicious.
10. Keep the dish in the middle rack of the oven and give the heat source both from top and bottom side.
11. You can add shrimp or other sea food in this casserole.
Happy Baking.. Cheers.. Seena.
Please Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel, ‘Seenas Food Basket’.
You have an option to add your Comment on our website. Just go to the recipe page and scroll down. You can see the space provided there to comment. Pls. add your feedback there both, positive and negative.
Hope you liked our Recipes with its step by step explanation and the ‘TIPS’ and ‘RECIPE NOTES’. Pls. support us by SHARING it and clicking on the ‘LIKE’ button of our Facebook Page, so that you will get our latest recipes on your news feed without missing them.
Try out this and let us know what you think.. We love to see your creations. So, when you try out this recipe, take a picture and email it to email@example.com.
ബേക്ക്ട്പസ്ഥ കാസറോൾ റെസിപ്പി.
Tri-colour Pasta Casserole / Baked Spaghetti.
Baked spaghetti casserole / pasta casserole is an easy family favourite dinner that's filled with pasta, cottage Cheddar cheese, tomatoes, onion and herbs. Your kids would totally love it.