Custard Cookies Recipe / Eggless Custard Cookies Recipe / Vanilla Custard Cookies / Custard Powder Biscuits Recipe / Homemade Custard Cookies.
This crunchy and crispy Eggless Custard Powder Cookies is very easy to make and kids will like it so much. The ingredients we used in this recipe are available in everybody’s pantry. Keep a batch of these Custard cookies at your home to enjoy with evening tea time.
These are the must-bakes you should try out.. You can make it in less than half an hour. So no need to run here and there to get some perfectly baked cookies. It’s my family’s favourite cookies.. So make these perfect treats that the adults and the kids will enjoy. I am sure that these are the go-to cookie for all occasions.
Cookies, also known as biscuits are my favourite item since my child hood. I remember my Papa’s friends used to bring cream filled biscuits in very attractive colourful glittering packages whenever they come home. As kids, we were very much attracted to those inviting packages… We used to have many kinds of flavoured and cream filled biscuits and cookies in our childhood. My Papa used to buy these cream filled biscuits more than sweets from bakeries as we children loved it.
Here goes the recipe of Eggless Vanilla Custard Cookies..
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Calories: 44.2 / 1 cookie
Ingredients for Vanilla Custard Cookies:
All Purpose Flour – 1 ¾ Cups
Custard Powder – ½ Cup
Sugar – 1 Cup
Butter – 1 Cup
Baking Powder – ¾ tsp.
Baking Soda – ½ tsp.
Vanilla Essence – ¾ tsp.
Salt – a pinch
How to Make Custard Cookies:
Grind Sugar in a mixer bowl to fine powder. Add Butter to this and whisk till combined well. Add Vanilla Essence and whisk again. Keep it aside.
Sieve all the dry ingredients like, All Purpose Flour, Custard Powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt in a large bowl. Next mix this dry ingredients with the wet ingredients to make a smooth dough. If you find the dough a bit dry, you can add little milk and knead to make it smooth and soft.
Divide the dough into two portions. Take one portion and roll out dough on floured surface ¼ to ½ inch thick. At this point you can sprinkle little milk or butter on it and with a silicon baking scraper or any scraper just spread it. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Use the rest of the dough to make similar cookies.
Pre heat the oven at 180 degree C and meanwhile line a baking tray with ungreased cookie sheets or parchment paper and place the cookies 1 inch apart in a row. Sprinkle some Sugar on top of cookies. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake the cookies for 10-12 mins or until brown.
Take out the tray from the oven and leave the cookies for a few minutes on the baking sheets itself to firm up slightly and then allow the cookies to cool down on a wire rack. Once the cookies are cool, store them in an air tight container to prevent moisture to get in.
Serve with Hot or Cold Milk or with Tea and even as a tea time snack.
My Recipe Notes on Eggless Custard Cookies:
1. All ingredients should be at room temperature
2. You can use any flavour of custard powder of your choice. Custard powder is normally used to make custard. It is available in all super markets. If you’re not able to find it out, you can substitute it with instant pudding mix. I have yet to try it out.
3. Don’t beat the dough so much once the dough is incorporated. If you see any dry crumbs at the bottom or on the sides, stop until it disappears in the dough.
4. If you want you can make impression on cookies with a fork. But, I love it this way…
5. Make sure to leave some gap in between for the cookie to expand while baking.
6. Baking time differs depending on the oven setting.
7. You will feel the cookies very soft and under-baked until they cool, nothing to worry, these will harden within few minutes on a wire rack. See the below image. It shows the backside of the cooked cookie. That’s the perfect look of a cooked cookie. Not too brown or the look of an under cooked cookie colour.
8. This recipe makes so many cookies. If you want you can halve the ingredients to fit your needs. If you find that you have excess dough, you can keep it in the freezer wrapped in a plastic sheet or in the zip lock bag. It will remain fresh for two weeks.
9. Also make sure to store these cookies in a moisture less airtight jar, otherwise the cookies will turn soggy.
Pictorial of Homemade Eggless Custard Cookies:
Serve it with a glass of milk to your loved ones..
Happy Baking.. Cheers..
You have an option to add your Comment on our website. Just go to the recipe page and scroll down. You can see the space provided there to comment. Pls. add your feedback there both, positive and negative.
Hope you liked our Recipes with its step by step explanation and the ‘TIPS’ and ‘RECIPE NOTES’. Pls. support us by SHARING it and clicking on the ‘LIKE’ button of our Facebook Page, so that you will get our latest recipes on your news feed without missing them.
Try out this and let us know what you think.. We love to see your creations. So, when you try out this recipe, take a picture and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eggless Custard Powder Cookies / Custard Biscuits / Vanilla Custard Biscuits Recipe / Custard Powder Cookies / കസ്റ്റഡ് കുക്കീസ് റെസിപ്പി
Eggless Custard Cookies are very easy and simple to make, gives an amazing taste of custard. These are crunchy and literally melt in mouth and tastes perfect when accompanied with a glass of milk.