Zucchini Fritters are so easy to make and it is really a healthy and simple veg side dish. It is an ideal dish for kids and I am sure that all moms among you will welcome this dish to make your kids eat this healthy veggie.
Reji certified it as ‘Totally Amazing’.. What he remarked on it was, he felt it like a `Vegetable Cutlet’!! Can’t wait to go to shop to pick up more zucchinis and to make these tots again..
You may also be interested in my Crispy Zucchini Bites.
Here is the Zucchini Fritters which is crispy on outside and soft from inside..
Preparation Tinme: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Ingredients for Baked Zucchini Fritters:
Zucchini – 2 cups, grated
Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup, grated
Bread crumbs – ¼ to ½ cup
Onion – ½ cup, chopped and minced
Salt- to taste
Black Pepper Powder – ¾ tsp.
Garlic Powder – ¼ tsp.
Egg – 1 large
Rose Mary – 1 tsp.
How to Make Zucchini Fritters:
Preheat oven to 400 degree Celsius (Gas Mark 6). Spread a kitchen towel on a plate and grate zucchini. Wring all of the excess water out of zucchini. Grate Parmesan Cheese. Spread a parchment paper on a baking tray and keep it aside.
Take a bowl and add in all of the ingredients given. Incorporate everything well. Take small portions like lemon sized balls and press it little between your palms and arrange it on the baking tray. Bake it for 15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Flip the tots over half way through cooking until golden. Serve it with Greek yogurt and tomato sauce.
You can try out the same recipe with Broccoli and Cauliflower.
My Recipe Notes on Easy Cheesy Baked Zucchini Tots:
1. I have done it with the skin on.
2. Squeeze as much water out of the shredded zucchini. One tip for releasing most of the water is to add little salt to the grated zucchini and keep it aside for a couple of minutes.
3. You can use cheddar cheese too for this recipe.
4. You can use even onion powder instead of onions.
5. If you don’t want to use egg, substitute it with flax seed.
6. Be careful at adding salt, as cheese you have added is already salty.
7. If the mixture is still wet, bake it for an extra 2 minutes.
8. You can use a muffin tin after spraying cooking spray, instead of parchment paper. This too works out well.
9. If excess Zucchini Fritters are there, you can freeze them and reheat it after bringing it to the room temperature when you want them.
Serve Zucchini Fritters..
Please Subscribe to our Our Youtube Channel, ‘Seenas Food Basket’.
You have an option to add your Comment on our website. Just go to the recipe page and scroll down. You can see the space provided there to comment. Pls. add your feedback there both, positive and negative.
Hope you liked our Recipes with its step by step explanation and the ‘TIPS’ and ‘RECIPE NOTES’. Pls. support us by SHARING it and clicking on the ‘LIKE’ button of our Facebook Page, so that you will get our latest recipes on your news feed without missing them.
Try out this and let us know what you think.. We love to see your creations. So, when you try out this recipe, take a picture and email it to email@example.com.
Learn how to make easy zucchini tots. You can make use of the left over zucchinis. This zucchini tots are perfect for kids, since it is healthy.