Vegetable Pulao Recipe / Veg Pulav Recipe / How to make Mix Vegetable Pulao Recipe / Pulao Rice.
This Vvegetable Pulao, a simple, one dish yet satisfying meal is an easy to make dish on a day you are lazy. If you want to cook a fast meal, this is a perfect choice. Try this amazing, tasty Vegetable Pulao recipe.
I make Vegetable Pulao when I want to make something quick. I have many Rice Dishes on the blog like, Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice, Coconut Milk Rice, Chicken Biriyani, Chana Dal Dum Biriyani, Curd Rice, Rice Porridge or Rice Gruel, Ghee Rice / Ney Choru, Tuna Fish Biriyani etc.,
Here goes the recipe of Vegetable Pulao:
Author: Seena Koshy
Calories: 215 / 1 Cup cooked.
Ingredients for Vegetable Pulao:
Ghee – 3 tbsp.
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Mustard – 1 tsp.
Cinnamon – 1 ” piece
Green Chilly – 4
Cardamom (small) – 5
Cloves – 3
Bay Leaves (small) – 2
Black Pepper Kernels – 1 tsp.
Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp.
Onion (Savala) – 2
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
Tomato (medium sized, chopped finely) – 1
Chopped Mixed Vegetables (I used Beans, Carrot) – 4 cups
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp.
Rice – 2 cups
Water – 3 ½ cups to 4 cups
Salt – as required
Lemon Juice – of one small lemon
How to Make Vegetable Pulao:
Place rice in a sieve and rince under the cold running water and keep it aside.
In a wide pan, add 3 tbsp of Ghee. When it melts, add Mustard. When mustard crackles, add whole spices like Pepper Corns, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves and Bay leaves in to it till you get a nice fragrance. Add Green Chilly in to it. Add Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste and sauté for a minute. Add Onion and sauté till its color turns light brown. Add Curry leaves. Add Tomatoes along with little Salt and sauté on a low flame. Add Veggies. Sauté well and then add Turmeric powder. When veggies turn light and the raw smell goes off, add Rice. After adding rice, mix it well so that rice gets well coated with oil, ginger garlic paste, onion etc. Stir fry for few minutes. Add 4 cups of water along with required salt. Add the Lemon Juice and mix it well. Cover the pan. Let the rice cook on a low flame till the water is absorbed and the rice is well cooked and fluffy.
1. I recommend you to use Basmati rice for making this dish.
2. I always use the absorption method for cooking rice, instead of soaking rice in water before cooking, cooking rice in pressure cooker etc. In the absorption method, you have to use the right amount of water, gentle heat and post cooking resting period. During this period the heat inside the vessel distributes evenly and you will get a uniform texture throughout the vessel.
3. In this method you have to take the exact amount of water. I normally use 1:1 ¾ ratio of rice to water for cooking long grain rice, like Basmati.
4. You can use variety of vegetables, raw or frozen, like broccoli, cauliflower, green peas, potatoes, corn kernels etc.
5. Serve Vegetable Pulao with some onion salad, vegetable or paneer sabjis.
6. If you want you can cut vegetables larger and longer.
7. You can add mint leaves and coriander leaves to get extra taste.
8. You can add cashew nuts and raisins to garnish it. Fry it separately in ghee till it gets a golden brown colour.
Pictorial on Vegetable Pulao Recipe:
Serve Vegetable Pulao with Raitha, Pickle and Pappad.
Please Subscribe to our Our YouTube Channel, ‘Seenas Food Basket’.
You have an option to add your Comment on our website. Just go to the recipe page and scroll down. You can see the space provided there to comment. Pls. add your feedback there both, positive and negative.
Hope you liked our Recipes with its step by step explanation and the ‘TIPS’ and ‘RECIPE NOTES’. Pls. support us by SHARING it and clicking on the ‘LIKE’ button of our Facebook Page, so that you will get our latest recipes on your news feed without missing them.
Try out this and let us know what you think.. We love to see your creations. So, when you try out this recipe, take a picture and email it to email@example.com.
Spicy Vegetable Pulao Recipe / Easy and Simple Restaurant Style Vegetable Pulao Recipe / Mixed Vegetable Pulao Recipe / Vegetable Biriyani / Homemade Vegetable Pulao Recipe / Pulao Rice / Basmati Rice Pulao.
വെജിറ്റബിൾ പുലാവ് റെസിപ്പി.
Vegetable Pulao is a rice-based one pot meal prepared with spices, basmati rice, vegetables and herbs, served with raita or any gravy.