Chilli Fish / Indo Chinese Fish Recipe / Deep Fried Fish in Chilli Sauce.
This is my seventh recipe which comes under the category ‘Fish Recipes’.
We Keralites always use coconut oil for cooking fish, right? Since it`s a Chinese version dish, we have used Olive oil here.
This goes well with Kappa Vevichathu, the favourite dish of Malayalees of Kerala.
You will get few Ramadan dishes by clicking here.
Here goes the recipe of Indo Chinese Chilli Fish.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Chilli Fish:
Fish – ½ kg (any boneless fish fillets)
Flour – ¼ cup
Onion – 2 big, chopped
Garlic chopped – 1 tbsp.
Tomato paste – 4 tbsp. diluted in ¼ cup of water.
Red chilli flakes – 2 tsp.
Olive Oil – ½ cup
Lime juice – 3 tbsp.
Water – ½ cup
Sugar – 1 tbsp.
Salt – to taste
How to Make Indo Chinese Chilli Fish:
Take flour in a small bowl. Cover the fish with flour and deep fry in a pan until done.
Heat olive oil in a pan. Add onion and little salt and sauté it until translucent. Next add the chopped garlic and red chilli flakes. Sauté it. Add sugar. Add the tomato paste diluted in water. Continue cooking until the onion becomes soft, transparent and mushy. Add ½ cup water and let it come to boil. Next add the fish fillets and cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Check the salt and add more if required.
Switch off the stove. Port the lime juice and swirl the pan.
Now the chilli fish is done. Serve hot with hot steamed rice.
My Recipe Notes on Chilli Fish:
1. Any fish fillets can be used for making this chilli fish.
2. Wash the fish in lemon juice / vinegar and salt mixture to get rid of fishy smell.
3. I have used white onion. Red onion will be tastier.
4. Use boneless fish to get the real taste. Any white boneless firm fish pieces would be okay.
5. Adjust the spices as per your tolerance level.
6. Don’t use the spatula for mixing the fish curry, once it is done, as the fish pieces would fall apart. Instead, wear the gloves’ and swirl it by holding with both your hands.
7. Adjust the quantity of water according to amount and consistency of the gravy that you require.
8. You can refrigerate the dish for a couple of days and re heat it before serving.
Try it, and if you like it, please SHARE it..
Please subscribe to Our Youtube Channel for latest video alerts.
You have an option to add your Comment on our website. Just go to the recipe page and scroll down. You can see the space provided there to comment. Pls. add your feedback there both, positive and negative.
Hope you liked our Recipes with its step by step explanation and the `TIPS` and `RECIPE NOTES`. Pls. support us by SHARING it and clicking on the ‘LIKE’ button of our Facebook Page, so that you will get our latest recipes on your news feed without missing them.
Try out this and let us know what you think.. We love to see your creations. So, when you try out this recipe, take a picture and email it to email@example.com.
ചില്ലി ഫിഷ് റെസിപ്പി.
Learn how to make Indo Chinese Chilli Fish.