Chicken Masala Recipe / Chicken Masala in Red Spicy Gravy / Chicken Masala Gravy / Kashmiri Masala Chicken / Indian Restaurant Style Chicken Masala / How to Make Chicken Masala Gravy.
This homemade Chicken Masala in Red Spicy Gravy Recipe is the simple, quick and very tasty version of Indian Chicken curry Recipes. Chicken Masala in Red Spicy Gravy Recipe is made with Boneless Chicken Pieces, Yogurt and Spicy Red Gravy.
You can see a wide range of Chicken Recipes in this blog.
Ingredients for Chicken Masala:
Boneless Chicken Pieces – 250 grams
Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 ½ tbsp.
Yogurt / curd – 2 tbsp.
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp.
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp.
Cumin / Jeera Powder – ¼ tsp.
Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp.
Homemade Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp.
Whole Kashmiri Chilies – 3
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Garlic Cloves – 4
Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp. or dried and crushed Kauri Methi – 2 tsp.
Salt – to taste.
How to Make Chicken Masala Gravy:
Wash the chicken under running water thoroughly. Now put it in some warm salted water for 10 minutes to remove the smell of the chicken. Put them in a big bowl.
Next add all the spices such as turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well. Add ginger garlic paste and yogurt/curd to this and mix well. Cover the chicken and Keep this marination aside at least for 30-40 minutes.
Make the Gravy:
Take the cloves and Kashmiri red chillies. Gring them into a smooth paste by adding 2 tbsp. of water. Keep it aside.
Now heat 2 tbsp. of oil in a pan and add marinated chicken. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. Next cover the pan with lid and cook the chicken on low flame for about 7-8 minutes and in between stir occasionally in every 2-3 minutes, so that chicken should not get burnt.
Now add the prepared Spicy Red Gravy to the chicken and mix it well. Cover the pan again with lid and cook it further for 3-4 minutes on low flame, till the gravy thickens and raw flavour goes away. When the gravy is little dried, check if chicken is cooked properly or not. If it’s undercooked, add little water and cook it for few more minutes on low flame.
Cook till the chicken pieces are soft and you get the desired gravy consistency. Add some fresh chopped Coriander Leaves and cook it further with covered lid for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
Chicken Masala with Red and Spicy Gravy is now ready. Serve it with Roti or Steamed Rice.
My recipe Notes on Chicken Masala:
1. Put the washed chicken in some warm salted water and allow it to rest for 10 minutes and throw the water away and wash again. This helps to remove the smell of the chicken.
2. Adjust the spices according to your tolerance level.
3. You can keep the marinated chicken in refrigerator as well.
4. While cooking this chicken dish, keep checking the chicken, because sometimes it takes more time and sometimes it takes less time to cook. Normally boneless chicken pieces gets cooked in 20 minutes.
5. Chicken will keep cooking further for few minutes even after you have switched off gas, so don’t overcook your chicken.
6. After turning off the gas, cover the pan with lid for a couple of minutes before serving. This will help chicken and gravy to settle down which will give you better flavours.
7. If you want, you can add some water for a gravy consistency. If you do not have coriander leaves, then add a bit of kasuri methi for the flavor.
happy Cooking.. cheers.. Seena.
Please Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel, ‘Seenas Food Basket’.
You have an option to add your Comment on our website. Just go to the recipe page and scroll down. You can see the space provided there to comment. Pls. add your feedback there both, positive and negative.
Hope you liked our Recipes with its step by step explanation and the ‘TIPS’ and ‘RECIPE NOTES’. Pls. support us by SHARING it and clicking on the ‘LIKE’ button of our Facebook Page, so that you will get our latest recipes on your news feed without missing them.
Try out this and let us know what you think.. We love to see your creations. So, when you try out this recipe, take a picture and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
കാശ്മീരി ചിക്കൻ മസാല റെസിപ്പി / चिकेन मसाला.
Chicken Masala Gravy.
Chicken Masala is the simple and tasty version of Indian Chicken Recipes. This homemade Chicken Masala in Red Spicy Gravy is made with Boneless Chicken Pieces, Yogurt and Spicy Red Gravy.