Black Pepper Chicken Roast Recipe / Pepper Chicken Fry / Murg Kali Mirch / Nadan Pepper Chicken
Happy Sunday guys.. I was thinking of posting a dish as a part of my coming back to the blog after quite some time and decided to make an appealing dish and this Black Pepper Chicken Roast / Pepper Chicken Roast was my option for that.
I got this recipe from my mom and she used to make this once in a while back home. . I made this quite a number of times. It tastes awesome!! It is one of the Kerala special chicken dishes.
It’s taste comes from the crushed pepper.. and so it’s name goes Black Pepper Chicken!
It’s absolutely painless and easy dish to make. I know you guys will try this. Pls. check it out.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 20 – 25 minutes
Marinating time : 30 minutes (minimum)
Recipe Cusine : South Indian, Kerala
Calories : 155 / 1 serving
Author : Seena
Ingredients for Black Pepper Chicken Roast:
Black Pepper – 2 tb sp (crushed)
Lemon Juice – 1tbsp
Salt – to taste
Coconut Oil – 3 tbsp
Onion (savala) – 3 nos
Green chilly – 2
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste Ginger – 1 ½ tbsp.
Fennel seeds powder (perum jeerakam) – ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Homemade Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Chicken Masala – 1 tsp
Tomato Paste – 1 ½ tsp
Water – ½ cup
Cut the chicken in to medium size pieces and clean it. Pound the Black Pepper Corns with a pestle. Marinate Chicken with 1 tbsp crushed Black Pepper, Salt and little lemon juice for minimum one hour. Pound the black pepper corns with a pestle and keep it aside.
Heat Coconut Oil in a pan. Add onion, curry leaves and Green chilly. When onion starts getting translucent add .Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste. Sauté it till onion gets slightly browned. Reduce the flame. Now add Fennel seeds powder, Turmeric powder, Homemade Garam Masala Powder and Chicken Masala powder along with the remaining 1 tbsp of Black pepper. Saute it till oil starts separating. To this add marinated chicken and stir for one minute until it coats masala well. Add ½ cup of water, cover it and cook it on low flame for five minutes until the chicken is tender. Open the lid and mix well. Cook for another couple of minutes till it gets roasted.
My Recipe Notes on Black Pepper Chicken Roast:
1. To avoid odor of chicken wash it with few drops of Vinegar or lemon juice.
2. Use Non-Stick pan preferably for cooking this.
3. It sounds great if you add Bell Pepper too with this, but reduce the quantity of onion in that case as it gives more sweetness.
4. Caramelisation of onion gives it a natural sweetness and it mitigates the heat from the black pepper.
5. It goes well with rice and also with rotis, tortillas, etc.,
6. You can make this dish by using boneless, skinless chicken or chicken thighs, but make cut it in to small pieces..
7. Adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
8. You can use pepper powder instead of freshly crushed black pepper.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves. (I didn’t as I was not having the fresh ones.J
10. Be careful while adding salt. We have already added salt for marinating!
11. I always use garlic more than usually required in curries because of its medicinal value. You can reduce it a sper your taste.
12. At the finishing stage take care to prevent it from burning.
Serve it with Chappathi, Naan, Rice or Roti..
If you liked this recipe, pls. Share it and Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel.
Hope you all try this and let me know what you think.. We love to see your creations. So, when you make this recipe, take a picture and email it to email@example.com.
How to Make Kerala Style Nadan Pepper Chicken Roast / Pepper Chicken Recipe / Black Pepper Chicken Curry / Indian Chicken Curry Recipe / How to Make Murg Kali Mirch / Nadan Pepper Chicken / Kerala Traditional Chicken Recipes / കുരുമുളക് ചിക്കൻ ഫ്രൈ / ബ്ലാക്ക് പെപ്പർ ചിക്കൻ / നാടൻ പെപ്പർ ചിക്കൻ..
Black Pepper Chicken Roast.
There is something magical about the Black Pepper and Chicken combo. Its taste comes from the crushed pepper.