How to Make Kerala Mango Pickle / Aam ka Achar Recipe / Spicy and Easy Raw Mango Pickle Recipe / Instant Onam Mango Pickle Recipe / Instant Green Mango Pickle Recipe / How to Make Instant Mango Pickle / Easy Raw Mango Pickle.
As Onam is coming up in one week, I was going through my ‘to be posted Recipes’ folder and found out these images, the images of Instant Mango Pickle. Another version of Mango pickle I have added long back in this blog, which is Nadan Manga Achar. Both these versions goes well with all kinds of Rice bowls and especially with Curd Rice and Chicken Biriyani. Mango pickle is an unavoidable side dish for Kerala Sadya / Feast like Onam and Vishu.
This Instant Mango Pickle tastes great and flavourful too! Whenever I want to make the pickle so simple and quick, I make this one!
Ingredients for Instant Mango Pickle:
Raw Mango – 2 (cut into small cubes)
Chilli Powder – 2 tsp.
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp.
Roasted Fenugreek Seeds Powder / Uluva podi – 2 pinches
Asafoetida / Hing / Kayam Powder – 2 pinches
Red Chilli – 2
Sesame Oil – 2 tbsp.
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp.
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
Salt – to taste
Vinegar – 2 tbsp.
How to Make Instant Mango Pickle:
Wash and peel raw mangoes here and there. Cut it and discard the seed inside. Chop into thin lengthy strips and place into a mixing bowl. Marinate the mango with salt and turmeric powder for one hour.
After one hour, add chilli powder, asafoetida powder and fenugreek powder to the marinated mango pieces. Mix well.
Heat oil in a pan. When it’s becoming smoking hot, add the mustard seeds. When it crackles, switch off the flame. Add the dry red chilli and the curry leaves to this. Sauté it for a couple of minutes. Add this to the mango mixture.
In the same pan, boil ½ cup of water. Add the vinegar. Add this to the mango mixture. Now the Instant Mango Pickle is ready to be served.
Let the pickle cool down completely before transferring it to the bottle. Refrigerate it and it will stay for one week or more.
My Recipe Notes on Instant Mango Pickle:
1. I have used ordinary Chilli Powder. To get colour, it’s better to use Kashmiri Chilli Powder. Make sure the raw taste of chilli powder is not there.
2. Adding dry red chilli is completely optional.
3. I have taken 2 medium sized raw mangoes. Don’t peel the skin of mangoes completely. The skin will help the mangoes not to get mushy.
4. Use sour, fresh and raw mangoes for making this pickle. If your mangoes are not sour you can add little more vinegar than what I have given in the recipe. Vinegar helps the pickle to stay for a long time.
5. Adjust the chilly powder as per your preference.
6. Once your pickle is made and bottled, if you find oil is less, heat little oil in a pan and add to the top. It will prevent fungus getting attracted to the pickle.
7. Use only clean and dry spoon to scoop pickle from the jar. If you use wet spoon it will add moisture in the bottle which attracts fungus and the pickle will get spoilt fast. Close the bottle tightly with a lid every time you use.
8. I use gingelly oil for all the pickles. You can use any cooking oil you like, but gingelly oil tastes great in pickle.
Happy Cooking.. Cheers.. Seena.
Please Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel, ‘Seenas Food Basket’.
You have an option to add your Comment on our website. Just go to the recipe page and scroll down. You can see the space provided there to comment. Pls. add your feedback there both, positive and negative.
Hope you liked our Recipes with its step by step explanation and the ‘TIPS’ and ‘RECIPE NOTES’. Pls. support us by SHARING it and clicking on the ‘LIKE’ button of our Facebook Page, so that you will get our latest recipes on your news feed without missing them.
Try out this and let us know what you think.. We love to see your creations. So, when you try out this recipe, take a picture and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
കേരള മാങ്ങാ അച്ചാർ റെസിപ്പി / மாங்காய் பிக்கள் ரெசிபி / मानगो पिकल रेसिपी / మాంగో పిసీకాలే రెసిపీ / ಮ್ಯಾಂಗೋ ಪಿಕಲ್ ರೆಸಿಪಿ / ମଙ୍ଗ ପିଚକଲେ ରେସିପେ / ম্যাংগো পিকলে রেসিপি / मँगो पिकला रेसिपी / માંગો પિકલ રેસીપી / ਮੰਗੋ ਪਿਕਲੇ ਰੈਸਿਪੀ..
Kerala Instant Mango Pickle.
Learn how to make an instant mango pickle, which goes well with rice and with the feast or sadya of onam and vishu, which are the festivals of Kerala.