Hello my blogging readers, here’s a very easy to prepare and super simple Chocolate Banana Cake with Chocolate ganache that glazed this cake.. This cake recalls my mom’s best baking cupcakes and round cakes.. It’s the best recipe for any celebration!! I must confess here, I baked it on Sunday with the very intention of posting it on my blog. Just have a look at this cake and friends, I am being honest again here. It is so tempting that I am very sure that it won’t stay on your kitchen rack or in your fridge for long!! You can’t go wrong here.
This cake recipe has all typical ingredients like, Cake Flour, Chocolate powder, Sugar, Baking powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Egg and Vanilla. Only difference is of replacing Butter with Oil. The cake batter here is more liquid than the traditional cake recipes which make it cake moist and it does yield an incredibly fluffy cake.
Chocolate ganache is simply mixing up of chopped dark chocolates to very warm cream and waiting for the chocolate to melt and then mixing it until it blends together in to a rich, shiny frosting. For chocolate ganache, the ingredients are that of a standard chocolate frosting, like Butter, Cream and chocolate. When you whip cream and chocolate hot mixture, it becomes a nice loose texture which is a gorgeous base for frosting.
I know that it would be a favourite with everyone. My family calls it ‘The Best Ever’. This was classic, tender, moist and holds together well from cooling to frosting to slicing and serving. I hope you people will try this lightest, fluffiest and yummiest cake.
I am sure that this cake would be an approachable one and it would be your best friend. You can recommend this recipe to anyone.
Here goes the recipe of Chocolate Banana Cake.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes:
Baking time: 40 minutes.
Yield: 10 to 15 pieces
Calories: 260 / 1 slice (2.8 oz.)
Ingredients Required for Chocolate Banana Cake:
For Chocolate Banana Cake:
All Purpose Flour – 1 ¾ cup
Cocoa Powder (unsweetened) – ¾ cup
Sugar (granulated white sugar) – 2 cups
Eggs – 2 medium sized
Milk – ½ cup
Warm water – ½ to ¾ cup
Oil (Vegetable oil or canola oil) – ½ cup
Bananas (mashed & ripe, I used 3 medium sized) – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 1 ½ tsp.
Baking Soda – 1 ½ tsp.
Vanilla extract – 1 ½ tsp.
Salt – ½ tsp.
Sprinkles – to decorate
For Chocolate Ganache Frosting:
Chocolate (sweet or bitter, depends on your taste, finely chopped) – 227 grams
Cream – ¾ cup (180ml)
Butter (unsalted) – 1 tbsp.
How to Make Chocolate Banana Cake:
Chocolate Banana Cake:
Pre heat oven to 350 ° F / 180 ° C / Gas Mark 4. Place rack in the centre of the oven. Grease your Cake tin (23 by 33 cm) and keep it aside.
Take two separate bowls, one for dry ingredients and the other one for wet ingredients. In one bowl take All Purpose Flour, Cocoa Powder, Sugar, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt. Whisk together well and set aside.
In another bowl, take Eggs and beat until smooth. Add smashed bananas and add it to the egg and mix till incorporated. Add in Milk followed by Water, Oil and Vanilla extract. Whisk together.
Add the wet ingredients to the dried ingredients, mixing all the while with a spatula without forming lumps, until everything is mixed well and you have a finished batter.
Pour the batter in to your prepared cake tin and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove the cake tin from oven and leave it to cool on a wire rack before unmoulding the cake.
When completely cool, freeze with chocolate ganache.
Take your ingredients for frosting- Chocolate, Butter and Cream. Chop Chocolates finely and keep it aside in a bowl. Pour the cream in to heavy bottomed saucepan and place it on a stove on medium heat. It should not get to boil or simmer, but just needs to get warm. Turn off the flame and remove the cream from the stove. Scoop the chocolate in to the cream. Stir the mixture with a spatula for 2 minutes. Keep stirring until it comes together to a creamy mass or until the ganache is fluffy. Chill in the fridge until spreadable.
Remove cake from tin and then spread the ganache on the top of the cake. Decorate it with sprinkles. Let it rest in the refrigerator for few more minutes. Serve this yummy yummy soft and moist chocolate Banana Cake.
My Recipe Notes on Chocolate Banana Cake:
1. It is best to use over ripe bananas which helps the cake to stay moist. The bananas sweetens your cake very well and makes it fluffier.
2. You can have this cake even without frosting.
3. I used semi-sweet chocolate powder for the cake.
4. The secret of moistness lies in replacing butter with oil.
5. You can use whatever frosting you like. Any would be fabulous. No need to boil or simmer the cream to make ganache. It just needs to be hot enough to melt the chocolate.
6. This recipe makes approximately 10 to 15 medium sized pieces.
7. Don’t over fill your cake tin; that will overflow the batter. My baking cake tin was filled more than ¾ full before it got in to the oven.
8. Bake approximately 30 to 40 minutes, but do start checking at 30 minutes. When the cake is done, a cake tester will come out more or less clean.
9. Be careful to not over bake or else it will dry the cake out.
10. For chocolate ganache, use heavy whipping cream.
11. When you make ganache, you should be particular about two things, that is, proportion and temperature. The proportion is based on weight. The chocolate percentage is higher for a thicker glaze frosting.
12. If you chop your chocolate very finely for frosting, then the cream simply needs to be hot enough to melt the chocolate. If your cream cools before the chocolate has melted, microwave it for few seconds or set your pan in a bowl of hot water until it reaches the right consistency.
13. If your ganache is too warm, it would be runny and if it’s too cool it will start to stiffen and won’t pour at all.
14. You will get the right chocolate colour for your frosting only if you use the right coloured chocolate.
15. For making ganache use the heavy bottomed saucepan and a spatula.
16. If your ganache is too warm it may still run right off and if it’s too cool, it will start to stiffen and won’t pour at all. While mixing cream and chocolate, if it’s cooled you can reheat it by microwave or in simmering water until it reaches the proper consistency.
17. Weigh both the chocolate and cream separately. It’s better always to start with a small quantity and pour more as needed.
18. For pouring the ganache over the cake it will need to be loose enough to flow but thickened enough to stay on the cake.
19. It stays fresh for two three days and then keep in the refrigerator later.
Please Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel, ‘Seenas Food Basket’.
You have an option to add your Comment on our website. Just go to the recipe page and scroll down. You can see the space provided there to comment. Pls. add your feedback there both, positive and negative.
Hope you liked our Recipes with its step by step explanation and the ‘TIPS’ and ‘RECIPE NOTES’. Pls. support us by SHARING it and clicking on the ‘LIKE’ button of our Facebook Page, so that you will get our latest recipes on your news feed without missing them.
Try out this and let us know what you think.. We love to see your creations. So, when you try out this recipe, take a picture and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ചോക്ലേറ്റ് ബനാന കേക്ക് റെസിപ്പി.
Chocolate Banana Cake.
Make the rich, moist, soft, fluffy flavourful Chocolate Banana Cake with step by step pictures.