This mixed veg stir fry is an authentic dish in South Indian homes. It’s a good accompaniment with rice and chappathi. This easy and quick to prepare side dish tastes just delicious, that you won’t believe it.
Potato is a kind of vegetable that pairs with any vegetables and makes it yummier like aloo gobi and so on.
Ingredients for Beans, Carrot and Potato Stir Fry:
Beans – 2 cups, thinly sliced
Potato – 2 cups, diced into small cubes
Carrot – 1 cup, diced into small cubes
Onion – 1 medium, thinly sliced
Dry Red Chillies – 3
Garlic Cloves – 5, chopped
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp.
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp.
Red Chilli Powder – 1 ½ tsp.
Curry Leaves – a sprig
Salt – to taste.
How to Make Three Veg Stir Fry:
Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Splutter the mustard seeds. Add onions and sauté till golden brown.
Add the dry red chilies, garlic and curry leaves and stir for a few seconds. Add turmeric and chilly powder and sauté. Add the diced carrot, beans and potato along with little salt and mix well. Sauté it for 2 minutes on medium flame then keep the flame on low level and cover the pan with lid. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Now it’s ready.
Serve it with hot rice, Chappathi etc.
My recipe Notes on Veg Stir Fry:
1. When making mezhukkupuratti, it is best not to add water. Instead keep the dish on simmer and stir occasionally.
2. Adjust the spices according to your tolerance level.
3. If you want to add shallots / small onion, add it along with garlic and sauté till it turns golden colour.
4. If you want you can add lemon juice at the end to give some tangy flavour.
5. You can make this stir fry with frozen veggies as well.
6. To reduce the cooking time you can steam veggies and keep it aside.
7. Stir the veggies in between to make sure that it may not stick to the bottom of the pan.
8. This veg stir fry is a nice combo with Rice, Fish Fry, Sambar or Moru Kachiyathu.
9. You can use any vegetables that keep its shape for the same recipe.
Happy Cooking.. Cheers.. Seena.
Please Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel, ‘Seenas Food Basket’.
You have an option to add your Comment on our website. Just go to the recipe page and scroll down. You can see the space provided there to comment. Pls. add your feedback there both, positive and negative.
Hope you liked our Recipes with its step by step explanation and the ‘TIPS’ and ‘RECIPE NOTES’. Pls. support us by SHARING it and clicking on the ‘LIKE’ button of our Facebook Page, so that you will get our latest recipes on your news feed without missing them.
Try out this and let us know what you think.. We love to see your creations. So, when you try out this recipe, take a picture and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beans Carrot and Potato Stir Fry / Mezhukkupuratti
Potato is a kind of vegetable that pairs with any vegetables and makes it yummier like aloo gobi and so on. Make this simple side dish in your kitchen and enjoy..