Seer Fish Brochettes Recipe / How to Make Fish Brochettes / Seafood Brochettes Recipe.
Brochette is a French term and is usually applied to French cuisine. Usually we use vegetables like Peppers of all colours, onion, tomatoes, carrots, egg plants, zucchini, mushrooms etc. and meats like chicken, pork, beef, lamb, fish, turkey etc. for brochettes.
This is my second recipe of fish and the first one was Fish Molee.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Marinate Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Course: Appetizer / Starter
Serves: 5 or 6 persons
Ingredients for Making Seer Fish Brochettes:
Seer Fish white (filleted, without skin, cut into 4 to 5 cm cubes) – 500 grams
Green Peppers – 2 (washed, trimmed and cut into 1″ chunks)
Red Onions – 2 (washed, trimmed and cut into 1″ wedges)
Tomatoes – 2 (washed, deseeded, and cut in 1″)
Thick Yogurt or Hung curd – ½ cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp.
Chilly Powder – 1 tsp.
Freshly ground pepper powder – 1 tsp.
Fresh Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp..
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp.
Salt – to taste
Lime – 1, for garnishing.
How I made Seer Fish Brochettes:
Soak bamboo skewers in cold water for half an hour. Pre heat the oven to medium high heat. Chop the fish and veggies in cubes and keep it aside.
In a small bowl, add all the marinating ingredients and mix well. Now add all the fish fillets and mix well with the marinade. Keep it aside for 1 hour for marinating. Drizzle some oil on the baking pan. Thread all the veggies and fish pieces on the skewers in equal order. Arrange the skewers in the baking pan. Bake it in the grill mode at 180 C / 356 F for 15 or 20 minutes. When it is half done, flip the skewers and bake on the other side until lightly golden brown.
This yummy fish brochette appetizer is now ready to serve with wedges of lemon, spring onions, tomato etc.
My Recipe Notes on Fish Brochettes:
1. Marinate fish and veggies in masala minimum for one hour.
2. Before you start doing the marination, bring fish and veggies to room temperature.
3. You can also barbeque or grill this fish brochette.
4. You can make this brochette on stove top in a non-stick pan, but still the recipe remains the same.
5. Before arranging the skewers on the pan, it is better to spread or cover the pan with an aluminium foil so that the drippings from the marinated cubes won’t get stuck on the black pan. In that case, the cleaning will be so easy.
6. The veggies can be selected from your choice. You can even try with some other veggies like yellow and red bell peppers, carrot, cauliflower etc.,
7. This ingredients used in this recipe can be doubled or tripled for a big gathering.
8. You can prepare it ahead of time and chill it until ready to cook.
Serve this Fish Brochettes with your loved ones.
Please Subscribe to our Our Youtube Channel, ‘Seenas Food Basket’.
You have an option to add your Comment on our website. Just go to the recipe page and scroll down. You can see the space provided there to comment. Pls. add your feedback there both, positive and negative.
Hope you liked our Recipes with its step by step explanation and the ‘TIPS’ and ‘RECIPE NOTES’. Pls. support us by SHARING it and clicking on the ‘LIKE’ button of our Facebook Page, so that you will get our latest recipes on your news feed without missing them.
Try out this and let us know what you think.. We love to see your creations. So, when you try out this recipe, take a picture and email it to email@example.com.
സീർ ഫിഷ് ബ്രോഷത്ത
Seer Fish Brochettes.
What can be better than beautiful brochettes baked in the oven?