A Yummy Potato Treat / Baked Potato Recipe / How to Make Oven Baked Potatoes / How to Bake a Potato / How to Make Oven Baked Potatoes:
Whenever I go for shopping, Potato is one of the most important items which always intrude in my shopping list. Yesterday I found some fresh potatoes and couldn’t resist myself from buying those. Those potatoes turned like this the next day!!
It doesn’t take much time to cut these potatoes into accordion like shape. Filling all those crevices with oil, salt, pepper, herbs and garlic mixture give a wonderful taste and it is visually appealing too. The internal part is moist and it does not dry out even after baking.
No doubt these oven baked potatoes are the best I have ever eaten!! Here goes the recipe of Easy Oven Baked Potatoes..
To get other appetizer recipes, Click Here.
Ingredients you Need..
A Yummy Potato Treat:
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 1 hour
Total Time – 1 hr 10 minutes
Number of Servings – 5
Calories – 205 / 230 grams
Ingredients for Sliced Oven Baked Potatoes:
Potatoes (medium sized) – 5
Olive Oil – 5 tsp.
Garlic pods (crushed) – 5
White Pepper (powder or crushed) – as needed
Oregano herb – 1 ½ tsp.
Rose Mary herb – 1 ½ tsp.
Salt – as needed
How to Make Baked Potatoes:
Pre heat your oven to 180°C / 350 °F / Gas Mark Number 4 for about 10 minutes. Wash potatoes well and keep it aside. Slice those potatoes in to equal measurements widthwise like the one you can see in the picture.
Take a microwave oven safe bowl and keep potatoes in it. Microwave these potatoes for 6 minutes. Take potatoes out of the microwave oven after 6 minutes and you can see that juice starts oozing out.
Meanwhile in a bowl add crushed garlic, white pepper powder, oregano, rosemary herb and salt. Mix it with a spoon. Add olive oil in to it. Mix all well. Brush these microwaved potatoes with the herbs, oil, pepper, garlic and salt mixture. Make sure that the mixture reaches all areas inside. Spread some salt on the top of it.
Line a baking tray with foil. Wrap these potatoes in it. Keep it in the oven. Bake potatoes for 45 minutes to one hour. Now your yummy potatoes are ready to have it.
My Recipe Notes on Oven Baked Potatoes:
1. It’s your choice here, either to leave the skins on or peel them off.
2. Adjust salt as per your taste.
3. You can use even Black Pepper powder instead of white pepper.
4. Use Olive oil only to get a better taste or else you can use vegetable oil or butter.
5. You can open the oven door after every 20 minutes and flip potatoes so that both sides bake well. It will prevent potatoes from browning on one side where they touch the oven rack.
6. Sprinkle few drops of olive oil after you take potatoes out from oven.
7. In between baking pierce those with a tooth pick or with a fork for checking its doneness.
8. The outside skin will be dry and the inside part will be soft and will turn to a fluffy texture when potatoes are done.
9. For baking potatoes, place the baking tray in the middle rack.
10. Don’t use the sprouted potatoes as it can be toxic.
11. Potatoes of same shape and size are better for baking as those will get cook evenly and fast.
12. You can take it as a main course also.
Please Subscribe to our Our YouTube Channel, ‘Seenas Food Basket’.
You have an option to add your Comment on our website. Just go to the recipe page and scroll down. You can see the space provided there to comment. Pls. add your feedback there both, positive and negative.
Hope you liked our Recipes with its step by step explanation and the ‘TIPS’ and ‘RECIPE NOTES’. Pls. support us by SHARING it and clicking on the ‘LIKE’ button of our Facebook Page, so that you will get our latest recipes on your news feed without missing them.
Try out this and let us know what you think.. We love to see your creations. So, when you try out this recipe, take a picture and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
അവൻ ബേക്ക്ഡ് പൊട്ടറ്റോ.
Oven Baked Potato.
Sliced whole potatoes, seasoned with herbs and baked until tender. Learn how to bake a potato that is perfectly crispy, flavorful on the outside, soft and fluffy inside.